Sunday, February 24, 2013

Children’s Review: Garbage! Monster! Burp! by Tom Watson

Garbage! Monster! Burp!

Title: Garbage! Monster! Burp!
Author: Tom Watson
Print Length: 40 pages
Publisher: Tom Watson
Release Date: March 9, 2011 
ASIN: B004RCNVWG
Goodreads   Amazon
Source: My tablet:)

A monster at the bottom of a hill eats all of the garbage generated by the town on top of the hill. This provides two important benefits: The monster is happy with plenty to eat and the town stays nice and clean. Unfortunately, as the town grows, so does the amount of garbage the monster must consume. He gets bigger - and he starts burping. This is, as you can probably guess, a bit unsightly and stinky. In the end, the kids figure out how to solve the problem - despite the nasty mayor's doubts and objections.

What I Thought About It


Why I picked this book…


I picked this book because of the title! I thought it was very funny. I also liked that it was free.


What I liked about it


I liked the story. It was easy to read and would be easy to read to my little sisters. I really enjoyed that Garbage! Monster! Burped! rhymed because it made the story more fun. I also thought it was cool that the children where the ones to save the monster and the town with their ideas. The children taught the adults how recycling can make a difference.

I didn’t understand why the Mayor was trying to blame everything on the monster and not on the people who made the trash. 

I really liked the illustrations they were very colorful. I especially liked the monster the way he was drawn and was made with bright colors that made him look very friendly.


Would I recommend other kids read this book?


Yes! I would recommend this book to all kids, even ones younger than me. It was fun to read.


Have fun reading,
coollogo_com-146983415
 
4 Moons

riah
Don’t Forget to come back next Sunday for moreSmile



2 comments:

Thanks so much for the comment love!