Saturday, February 15, 2014

Stacking The Shelves #35


Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a post for bloggers to share what books they've received to review, bought, won, borrowed or were gifted.
 

What I got this week
 

To listen to

 
Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)

She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….


I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.



Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)

Zombies stalk the night. Forget blood and brains. These monsters hunger for human souls. Sadly, they've got mine...
Alice Bell has lost so much. Family. Friends. A home. She thought she had nothing else to give. She was wrong.
After a new zombie attack, strange things begin to happen to her. Mirrors come to life, and the whispers of the dead assault her ears. But the worst? A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do very wicked things.

She's never needed her team of zombie slayers more, but ultra bad-boy Cole Holland, the leader and her boyfriend, suddenly withdraws from her...from everyone. Now, with her best friend Kat at her side, Ali must kill the zombies, uncover Cole's secret and learn to fight the darkness.
But the clock is ticking...and if she fails at a single task, they're all doomed.

I have been wanting to read these for a while. I am going to finally listen to them in the next two weeks.


To read


 Once Upon a Masquerade
A Prince Charming meets his match...

Self-made shipping magnate Christopher Black first spies Rebecca Bailey at a masquerade ball and is captivated by her refreshing naivete and sparkling beauty. She's a stark contrast to the hollow behavior of the tonand the guile of his former fiancée, but the closer he gets to her secrets, the further she pushes him away.


A Cinderella with a secret...

Rebecca is drawn to the charismatic Christopher from the first, but she cannot risk him discovering that she is really a housemaid impersonating an heiress. Her father's life depends on it.


A Happily Ever After that could never be...

When Christopher's investigation of the murder of his best friend leads him straight to Rebecca, he fears his ingenue may be a femme fatale in disguise. Now he must decide if he can trust the woman he's come to love, or if her secrets will be his downfall.

I had Tamara on the Spine yesterday for an interview and giveaway for this Cinderella retelling. Y’all know my weakness when it comes to fairytale retellings. I hope to get to this soon. 


Can’t wait to see what you got this week!
Signature







18 comments:

  1. Such wonderful books this week! Definitely eager to read your thoughts on the first two since I just finished reading and reviewing Through the Zombie Glass. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I liked the first Alice but I still need to read book 2. Really curious about it. happy reading!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to get my hands on Alice in Zombieland! I hope you enjoy it!

    Mary
    My STS - http://sweepingme.com/2014/02/week-2-sts-new-to-my-shelf-books-reading/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about Once Upon a Masquerade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently got Alice in Zombieland and I'm looking forward to reading it! The cover is gorgeous too :) Have fun with your haul!

    My STS!
    Amber @ My Bookshelf Is Hungry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gena Showwalter is awesome. I still need to read the second book. The third book I'm not familiar with. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh nice! I LOVED Gena's Alice books! Series is awesome! Enjoy your new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have both Alice books at home but I haven't read them yet lol Hope you enjoy them all & Happy late Valentine's Day!

    My STS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to read Alice in Zombieland. I just read Splintered so I'm on a bit of an Alice kick...except...I'm supposed to be eating away at my TBR instead of adding to it, so I promised myself I wouldn't go to the library. Just yet... xD My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm seeing Alice around a lot but I'm in two minds about whether to look at it...might be too much romance for me. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my STS! I didn't know Alice in Zombieland had a sequel, I still have to make time to read it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I'm not in to zombies but I hope you enjoy your books!

    Check out our STS.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul. I've heard great things about the Alice in Zombieland books, really want to read those myself. I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alice in Zombieland! I've read it, didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, so haven't picked up the sequel yet, but maybe they're better to listen to? Hope you enjoy them! :)
    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh oh oh!! I've read and loved Alice In Zombieland!!! I'm dying to read Zombie Glass! And I absolutely love Masquerades cover!! Happy Reading! If you'd like, you can stop by my STS Following your blog and,if you're not already following, would love a follow back please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked Alice In Zombieland but I haven't gotten to the second one yet although I've seen a ton of people saying that they liked it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely haul! I really want to read Alice in Zombieland.

    Thanks for dropping by my StS! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!